Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mini-challenge sketches

I just did a couple of really rough concept sketches for the first of the preliminary mini-challenges, some 5 minute scribbles on top of the provided base mesh to try to find a concept that doesn't look like something straight outta Gears of War (which there are A LOT of already in the progress threads, you know who you are). The first one is a Russian general gone cyborg type character. The second one is in a more fantasy setting, a kind of humanoid frog character. Here I turned the army officer hat into a crown-like piece of gear instead, just sort of seemed to make more sense. Not quite sure yet which I'll end up going with, if you've got any suggestions, just leave them in the the comment section.
Remember, these are just rough, quick concepts, so no sending me emails going "omg lols ur drawn suxor". For one, I already know, second, I'd hate it for something to happen to you, if you hypothetically should end up tied to a chair in, say, my garage, getting both knees smashed in by a golf club. Hypothetically, of course.

Peace

No comments: