Tuesday, February 24, 2009

DW4 - minichallenge 1 Day 2

Fuck.. That pretty much sums up what just went through my mind. Turns out my concepts ended up veering to far from the original base mesh, so I had to scrap 1.5 hours of sculpting and start over fresh. That applied to both concepts, but after speaking to an old friend of mine, who it turns out is also doing DW4, I ended up doing as he did. After struggling to make concepts that would fit the provided form, he just said "fuck it" and started sculpting straight onto the base mesh, just watching things unfold as he went. So I did, and even though I wanted to keep away from the generic GoW alien everyone is doing, I ended up with a compromise. Who knows if this is where I'll end up though, but time is running and I cant keep on restarting forever.
Here are 2 images, one is of the original concept and the piece I scrapped. The other is what I managed to throw together in the past 25 mins. Work tomorrow, must sleep.

Peace



No comments: