Friday, February 20, 2009

Dominance War IV, bitches

OK, so today is the day when the preliminary mini-challenges in the Dominance Wars begins. Mini challenge #1 is a bust model, and the theme is "War General". We have been provided a choice between 3 different base meshes to use (in game type resolutions), and a texture resolution limit of 1024 x 1024 for each of the texture passes (normal map, specular map, diffuse map etc).
The time limit is 9 days, so I gots to get crackin' today already if I'm to finish on time. Just like the previous 3 DW's, you have to pick a forum to represent throughout all 3 challenges, and my choice fell on 3dtotal.com. I'm not much of a forum poster type, but when it comes down to it, 3dtotal is the one I've been at the most.

Check out the contest details at the 3dtotal forum thread and www.dominancewar.com, and wish me luck. I'm sure as hell going to need it.

Off to war, L.

No comments: