Sunday, March 22, 2009

DW4 - Weapon concept 1

You might think that I've just been to busy with the Dominance Wars to post anything lately, but honestly, I really haven't gotten much done on it at all. I really struggled with deciding on what kind of character to go for, but after a couple of days wasted I ended up going for a dwarf warlord character. I thought about doing a demon type dude, but I'm sure there'll be a shitload of those this time around, and I think I'll be able to get more character into a human(ish) character than some demon abomination with skulls and titties (you would be surprised by how many there are already ) flappin' about.

So, I kinda said to myself that I was going to wait until tomorrow with doing any more on this, to when I got back to the concepts I forgot at work on Friday (smart-ass). But as I got some left over time tonight after all, I ended up redoing the weapon concept.

The spherical watchamacallit in the middle was supposed to be a kind of window into the fusion reactor like process going on inside the weapon, taking the magic sucked from the surroundings into the characters backpack apparatus thingy and concentrating it into a beam of raw magic. But atm I'm really hating the looks of the thing, so I'll either turn it into more of a canister shaped deal or remove it all together and place it on the apparatus on his back.

The ornament pattern is just a placeholder, figured I'd try to give it some dwarfish ornamentation to make it seem like its more of an unique relic than just a run of the mill sentry gun. Might make those transparent to show what the sphere thingy is doing right now and to break up the mechanical shapes a little with some glowing bits.

Well, I'm off to study the anatomical proportions of dwarves. That shit is a google search made in hell, some things you just cant un-see...

No comments: