Monday, February 16, 2009

Sketch of the day

Just figured I'd post today's quick sketch, this one took me about 30 minutes to sculpt and render out, then a few minutes for the photoshop composition. Base mesh was, as you can probably tell, a plane.

On another note, as I mentioned in the last post, I have decided to throw myself into the fray that is the Dominance War IV contest. The pre-contest mini-challenges starts now on the 20th of February, followed by the main event that starts in the middle of march sometime. Judging from what I've heard, it'll be pretty intense while its going on. But should you be awesomezorz enough to actually take home the first price, there will be plenty fame, money and blowjobs to go around. Even though, as all in this biz can attest to, the groupies you get in the game art community are usually not the ones you want to have waiting for you back stage. Its fascinating how someone can manage to get a size 50 ass into a size 2 Chun Lee Streetfighter costume. Some things you just cant un-see.
More updates on what I'll end up doing in DW as I figure it out.

For the time being, just throw Cypress Hills "Black Sunday" album in the CD player and wish you were still young and cool enough to have a 2.5 lbs blunt hanging out of the corner of your mouth. Ah, the memories..

Peace

No comments: